Private lessons are one on one, instructor to student. From the very beginning, the entire focus of the lesson is on you. Everyone has his or her own learning style and optimal pace; with a private lesson, your highly qualified IKO instructor will tailor the lesson plan specifically with you in mind, allowing you to learn the most in the shortest amount of time. Check out what you‘ll be learning with the MKB Lesson Plan
1. Location , location, Location ….! Crandon park is known for it’s shallow and flat lagoon water. We are privileged to have one of the most ideal "spots" to learn kiteboarding in the USA. Furthermore, year-round 75 degrees water and tropical beach makes this a real paradise.
2. Experience is Key: Miami Kiteboarding is the original and largest kitesurfing school in the southeast USA, a pioneer in Miami since 2001. Our 16 years of experience has set us as the GOLD standard in the industry.
3. True Commitment to Safety: We differentiate ourselves in superb quality and teaching methods by following strict IKO safety standards with the most highly skilled coaches in the industry. Safer shorter lines are used until the student is ready to waterstart.
4. IKO National Training Center: Our founder/director is one of only 3 IKO examiners in the USA ! This guarantees you the highest constant quality control, quarterly Coaches Training Courses, from which only the best certified Level 1 and 2 & 3 IKO Instructors are hired.
5. Latest technology & training methods: We’ve invested in the latest teaching technology and utilize Radio-Helmets for uninterrupted close contact communication coaching.
We believe our students' investment in lessons and time should be rewarded with the best tools for best results.
6. Innovative: We've also engineered the most advanced kiteboarding MKBooster (watch video of simulator in action) to learn waterstart skills in no time, even on a no-wind day! MKBooster expedites board control, learning the board aspect of waterstarting as fast as in 30 minutes. It can save a lot of frustration and practice time when exercising waterstarts.
What Level will You Reach?
According to the International Kiteboarding Organization standards, (IKO - worldwide authority to train and certify kiteboarders and instructors) and our experience, these are approximate level you can expect to reach:
To be realistic, on average, it takes 6 to 10 hours to get up on the board and ride in both directions. It is crucial to understand that part of the learning process is to emphasize all safety procedures and practice them to be a safe kiteboarder, not only for yourself but for people around you!
Many "instructors" may promise you a faster progression but they do so by simply skimming through those aspects and not respecting safety standards.
Such poor Instruction does NOT make you autonomous and likely get you in serious trouble once you go on your own or endanger others on the beach, which is the worst case scenario for our community.
At Miami Kiteboarding, as an IKO affiliated training center, we are very committed to turn you into a safe and independent kiteborder.
Students usually buy their own gear after this course: Buy wisely by trying our Selection of Top Brands Equipment with your instructor's guidance. And receive 3 hours of LESSONS FOR FREE!