Private lessons are one on one, instructor to student. From the very beginning, the entire focus of your lesson is on you. Everyone has their own learning style and optimal pace; and with a private lesson, our highly qualified IKO instructors will tailor their lesson plans specifically with you in mind. With this option you will learn the most in the shortest amount of time. Check out what you‘ll be learning with the MKB Lesson Plan
“The most "bang for your buck", private lesson offer one-on-one sessions with your IKO Instructor to maximize your progress and cut your learning curve.
Only one student with one coach.”
Our semi-private lessons are designed for those who wish to learn to kite on a budget. Don‘t worry, we do a maximum of two students per instructor so you will still receive the highest quality of professional teaching. We will pair you with another student of the same skill level to maximize your progression. Check out what you‘ll be learning with the MKB Lesson Plan
“Ideal for aspiring kiters on a budget , semi-private lessons match you with another student of your skill level for good progression at a lower cost.
2 students maximum with one kite each.”
The first piloting lesson is shared with one kite until you manage your kite alone.
In case of strong wind or High tide the Instructor may decide to take only one kite to share for Safety reasons and better lesson management .
Want to learn to kiteboard with a friend or family member? Then our Dual lessons are perfect for you. This is your least expensive way to learn and you can share the fun with someone else. The two of you will be paired with one of our IKO instructors and together you can share memories that will last a lifetime. Check out what you‘ll be learning with the MKB Lesson Plan
Note: 1 kite shared together until you master your own wing
1. Location , location, Location ….! Crandon park is known for it’s shallow and flat lagoon water. We are privileged to have the most ideal "spots" to learn kiteboarding in the USA. Furthermore, year-round 75 degrees water and tropical beach makes this a real paradise.
2. Experience is Key: Miami Kiteboarding is the original and largest kitesurfing school in the southeast USA, a Pioneer in Miami since 2001. Our 16 years of experience has set us as the GOLD standard in the industry.
3. True Commitment to Safety: We differentiate ourselves in superb quality and teaching methods by following strict IKO safety standards with the most highly skilled coaches in the industry. Safer shorter lines are used until the student is ready to waterstart.
4. IKO National Training Center: Our founder/director is one of only 3 IKO examiners in the USA ! This guarantees you the highest daily quality control, quarterly Coaches Training Courses, from which only the best certified Level 1 and 2 & 3 IKO Instructors are hired.
5. Latest technology in training methods: We’ve invested in the latest teaching technology and utilize Radio-Helmets for uninterrupted close contact communication coaching.
We believe our students' investment in lessons and time should be rewarded with the best tools for best results.
6. Innovative: We've also engineered the most advanced kiteboarding MKBooster (watch video of simulator in action) to learn waterstart skills in no time, even on a no-wind day! MKBooster quickens learning dramatically, learning the board aspect of waterstarting as fast as 30 minutes. It can save you a lot of frustration and hours of practice when learning to waterstart.
What Level will You Reach?
According to the International Kiteboarding Organization standards, (IKO - worldwide authority to train and certify kiteboarders and instructors) and our experience, these are approximate level you can expect to reach:
To be realistic, on average, it takes 6 to 10 hours to get up on the board and ride in both directions. It is crucial to understand that part of the learning process is to emphasize all safety procedures and practice them to be a safe kiteboarder, not only for yourself but for people around you!
Many "instructors" may promise you a faster progression but they do so by simply skimming through those aspects and not respecting safety standards.
Such poor Instruction does NOT make you autonomous and likely get you in serious trouble once you go on your own or endanger others on the beach, which is the worst case scenario for our community.
At Miami Kiteboarding, as an IKO affiliated training center, we are very committed to turn you into a safe and independent kiteborder.
Students usually buy their own gear after this course: Buy wisely by trying our Selection of Top Brands Equipment with your instructor's guidance. And receive 3 hours of LESSONS FOR FREE!